SEMI-ANNUAL HIGHLIGHTS - CONDOMINIUMS & APARTMENTS
• As of H1 2020, Phuket condominium market experienced the full impact of COVID-19 as global travel restrictions had been imposed.
• A total of 164 condominium units were sold in H1 2020, decreasing 71.2% Y-o-Y.
• Of all condominiums sold in the first half of 2020, 90% were investment-oriented products.
• In H1 2020, no new resort condominium projects were launched. Future project launches are expected to be delayed due to COVID-19-related construction slowdown as well as waiting for the global tourism situation to improve.
SEMI-ANNUAL HIGHLIGHTS - VILLAS
• A total of 87 villas were sold in H1 2020, increasing 19.2% Y-o-Y.
• Phuket villa market slightly slowed down due to the COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions. Developers postponed new project launches and under-construction projects were delayed.
• There was only one villa project launched in H1 2020 named Botanica Modern Loft (Phase 8.2) from the Mid-range segment with a total of 44 units.
• New property sales were dominated by investors who wanted rental income and were looking for lower-end villas priced below THB 35 million, accounting for almost 100% of total villas sold in H1 2020.